‘Skills for Jobs’ S4J is currently one out of nine licenced CISCO academies operating in Albania. Since 2017, the project is supporting its partner VET providers with the opportunity to integrate the online academy’s courses as learning materials.
This month we celebrate:
- 17 ICT teachers certified as CISCO instructors from ‘Kolin Gjoka’, ‘Gjergj Canco’ and ‘Pavarësia’ vocational schools;
- 369 students enroled in S4J CISCO NetAcad (from all 3 schools);
- 66 certified students in ‘Internet of Things’ and ‘Packet Tracer’ courses;
- 18 courses developed by ICT teachers;
- 3 labs with CISCO equipment in schools, which allow students to obtain practical training.
All teachers, students and school managers highly appreciate this contribution. This academic year, the project is monitoring closely how NetAcad is integrated in school curricula and how the respective learning materials can be adopted.
The initiative is applauded by the National Agency for VET and Qualifications (NAVETQ), as a strategy that not only bridges the current VET curricula with industry standards, but also builds ground for schools to operate as multi functional centres.