Swisscontact is the business-oriented independent foundation for international development cooperation. Represented in 33 countries with over 1100 employees, it promotes – since 1959 – economic, social and environmental development.
Skill for Jobs, S4J, is a Swiss Agency for Development Cooperation-funded project aiming to contribute in developing Albania into a more competitive economy and a socially inclusive society, by improving and increasing VSD offers for un- and underemployed women and men in Albania, with a focus on youth, allowing them to find an attractive and decent job. The project will facilitate the development of quality VSD offers based on new ways of learning approach.
For Skills for Jobs project in Albania, we are looking for:
Expert on new offers in formal Vocational Skills Development
The expert on new offers in formal Vocational Skills Development (VSD) works primarily closely with the respective Component Manager and further with other staff members, (short-term) experts, S4J institutional partners and private sector representative to ensure the introduction of new VSD offers in vocational education responding to the labour market rapid changes influenced by applied ICT. It is a fact now we are living in the 4th revolution because of ICT based rapid developments and new processes, products, services and sectors have emerged, affecting need for skilled employees. Smart vehicles that do not run anymore on fossil fuels but instead on electricity and connected appliances, devices, vehicles, are booming and will become the preferred option for consumers in a few years. Albania is not lagging behind and needs to start as soon as possible in equipping with proper skills the future young professionals who shall service the connected home appliances or our smart vehicles.
- Facilitate the process of translating new emerging IT based economic sectors skills needs, in qualifications and modular based curricula.
- Responsible for reporting needs for qualification reformation in IT based economic sectors and facilitate the process of filing this need to the national authorities responsible for qualifications and curricula development;
- In cooperation with industry leaders contribute to development of occupations standards following the principle of flexibility;
- Smoothen the process of developing the qualification description and curriculum design following the principle of permeability;
- Supervise and direct the work of subject coordinators, specialists, and resource teachers in institution based curricula development, assuring the integration of new ways of inclusive learning;
- Runs the process of e-content development in cooperation with responsible teachers, instruction designers and subject experts;
- Facilitates coaching of teachers involved in delivering new subjects/modules introduced and supports career centre staff in designing and implementing apprenticeship scheme in these new offers;
- Develops a plan on continuous formative evaluation of new curriculum;
- Instigate, organize and co-coordinate the development and implementation of activities in the component in accordance with the work plan;
- Contribute to the planning, budgeting, reporting and knowledge management process for the component;
Participate and provide input in team meetings, planning and reporting.
- University Degree in Education, Management, Humanities, ICT or related areas
- Previous working experience in similar functions in national or international organizations/institutions is a strong asset;
- Good knowledge and awareness of emerging economic sectors development driven by IT;
- Broad knowledge of the principles and practices of school administration and of current educational trends in curriculum and instruction;
- Comprehensive knowledge of the methods, materials, procedures, and practices of the specialties assigned to the Project
- Excellent interpersonal skills and willingness to cooperate with a diverse and dynamic project team;
- Ability to develop own areas of work and responsibilities, to maximize the individual involvement within the team;
- Readiness to cope with a dynamic working environment and frequent travels;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills in writing and verbal English;
- Experience in project planning and reporting.
In line with Swisscontact organisation culture, we are looking not only for competent, but also open-minded individuals with good social skills.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply within 28/08/2017 to email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org with:
– Curriculum Vitae including at least 2 referees contacts;
– letter or a video message expressing the motivation to apply for this job.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview. Swisscontact reserves the right to consider only such applications which are completely suitable with the requirements for the position.