Since 2018-2019 academic year, S4J partner VET providers have made it a priority to welcome 10th grade students in the best of ways. To provide support on this, “Skills for Jobs” has prepared and made available to providers a manual for onboarding newcomers during the first week of school (click here for manual in Albanian).
A variety of activities was organized this year by partner schools, including:
- Onboarding sessions with room teachers during which students were presented to the school regulation, Student’s Government functions and election process;
- Presentation to the Development Unit, during which students got familiar with its functions, especially the Career Orientation and Guidance function;
- Presentation to supporting services of the school, such as the Psychology service;
- School tour, during which students were introduced to the common learning spaces, labs, etc.;
- Employer Storytelling sessions with representatives from schools’ partner businesses;
- Success stories sessions with alumni students sharing their experience with the newcomers;
- Study visits to partner businesses’ premises;
- Presentation and team-building activities with classmates and schoolmates;
- Teacher-Parents meetings, during which parents were introduced to school regulation, got familiar to the Parents’ Council functions and election process, as well as information about vocational competencies that the school offers;
- Students’ participation in activities organized jointly with other local actors, such as the “World Tourism Day”, “Seaside Day”, “Week for Cultural Heritage”, etc.;
- Study visits to landmarks in the city and sportive activities.
More onboarding activities will follow also in the other partner providers during October and November.
Nxënës të klasës së 10-të ,drejtimi Hoteleri-Turizëm,në Njësinë e Zhvillimit u njohën me ofertën e shkollës,bizneset…