Relations with Businesses and Other Partners
Vocational Education and Training (VET) aims to develop personal and professional skills in young professionals, as demanded by the dynamic labor market. To bring young people closer to prospective employers, VET institutions must establish and maintain sustainable and effective partnerships with businesses and other contributing partners.
We support our partner institutions towards:
- Expanding and consolidating their network of businesses and other partners, including non-partner schools;
- Establishing and consolidating collaboration with organized business bodies (chambers of commerce, business associations, etc.);
- Having structured dialogues between VET institutions and the private sector companies;
- Capacity building of the Business Relations Coordinator at the Development Unit of the VET providers, who is responsible for identifying potential partners that add value to the school. Then, the Coordinator signs memorandums of understanding with partners and follows up their implementation.
Why this collaboration?
- Students follow apprenticeships in companies, thus are exposed early to the labor market.
- Businesses (some of them members of the School Board) guide the school in adapting its curricula to the market needs.
Are you a company or industry association, a high school or university, an NGO or a project? Do you wish to be part of the VET partner network? Contact us!